Monday, May 18, 2009

Fire-engine Red

I just want to start off by saying that I feel like a lobster... My daughter had a birthday party to go to yesterday and it was loads of fun for her jumping on the bounce around and blowing bubbles, but us parents just sat out in the lawnchairs in the sun for 2 hours. I didn't feel any pain or burn while I was there but once I got in some shade and home, the burn was on. I am normally white as a ghost and have olive complexion so I'm sure that help contribute to my lobster-like sunburn. You can see the distinct line as my upper thigh is white as a sheet of paper and my lower thigh down is fire-engine red. Even my feet are burned and you can see my flip-flop shape.

What was I thinking? I guess I wasn't, we don't own sunscreen anymore because we don't have a pool and we never go to the lake or anywhere that requires it. Sleeping last night was the worst. If I could of slept on my back it would of made it easier because they really wouldn't have to touch much... but with the pregnancy, that is a no-no because it compresses the aorta and doesn't give you or the baby much blood flow, hence less O2. So I had to alternate from side to side because I get so stuffy I have to turn to relieve some of it and help me breathe. Once I was actually bearably comfy, I realized I couldn't breathe and once again the pain emerged when I had to switch sides again. The worst part is when the 2 hot legs touched each other. It is so hard to keep my thunder thighs from touching :) When I got up in the morning, I was in for another surprise. I couldn't hardly walk. My legs were so stiff and hurting down deep it actually felt like it burnt my muscles. As much as I wanted to call in from work, I pushed myself to not only get myself ready but to do the same for my daughter who is always slacking in the morning.

Do you remember what it is like to shower or bathe with a sunburn? It's HELL! My hubby and I shower together every morning to not only save water but to save time. I knew that couldn't happen this morning because he takes HOT HOT showers. Just thinking about it makes me hurt, OUCH! So I took a lonely shower last night and had it lukewarm or cooler. It was still too warm for my burns but too cold to almost stand it. The worst thing about taking a shower the night before is my hair is wild in the morning. That is another obstacle I had to tackle this morning, my wild short mane. Took me longer than usual.

I just want to say one last thing to everyone... don't be foolish like me, USE SUNSCREEN!

No comments: