Monday, April 6, 2009

My buttons...

So I finally finished eclipse yesterday and started in on breaking dawn yesterday.... Of course it started out great. I did see my 12 year old niece yesterday and she tried to ruin it for me by telling me some stuff but it made me that much more anxious actually to get to that point. It's one thing for someone to accidentally blurt something out but she intentionally tried to ruin it for me knowing I just started reading it. I know I was a teenage girl once but I don't remember being so bratty and rude to my elders just so I would look like I knew what I was talking about. Don't get me wrong I love her to death but she intentionally tried to push my buttons yesterday.

For example: my sister-in-law was talking about my long haired chihuahua and mentioned how she was ugly, and I said Hey please don't say that U word around Athena (my 4 year-old). I told her she had once told me I was ugly and she didn't know how that would hurt someones feelings and I didn't want her to go around saying that to other people. Along with Stupid, I can't stand for her to say that so I try to warn everyone not to say that around her even though I know it will slip. It's okay if it's by accident but my niece purposefully a few seconds after I warned her mom, looked my daughter in the face and said Athena your dog's UGLY! That set me off. She likes to push my buttons and it's easier when I'm pregnant and my hormones are so high and I'm moody.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I don't remember our generation being so bratty either. I get so annoyed when I go to the YMCA and here are these little pre-teen/teenage girls who think they are all that and that they can do whatever the hell they want. When they break the rules in the pool and the life guard blows their whistle and tells them not to do something, I can't tell you how many times I have seen those stupid girls plain out ignore the lifeguard and keep on doing the same thing. The YMCA has this alligator in the pool that the kids can sit on, and the older kids like to see if they can turn it over even though they aren't supposed to. One time, Mara was sitting on it, and some kid got on it and turned it over and Mara went into the pool. Hello, couldn't they tell Mara was a lot smalled then them. I didn't just want to smack the kid, I wanted to smack the parents too for raising such brats. UHHHH!!!

Oh, and I know what you mean about people saying things around your kid that you don't want your kid to hear. Mara heard the word hate from somewhere, and now everytime she gets mad, she'll say she hates living here, or something equally as dramatic. It drives me crazy.