Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Give the gift of life this holiday season!

So I started my day today knowing I was going to give blood here at the University since they were having a blood drive and determined that I was going to win that cruise for 2. United Blood Services is having an incentive that if you give blood you will be in a drawing for a cruise for 2. Little did I know it was for everyone in the area including parts of Oklahoma and most of Arkansas, and for everyone who gave blood in November and December. The guy said they already had 4000 people give blood in November, my odds are shot! I went into it being just about myself and I started to think about it, what if I needed blood. Especially around the holiday season. This is the best gift I could probably give to someone, especially to someone I don't even know. I know this sounds a little cheesy but you never know what is going to happen and if you are going to need blood... I mean hell, I'm having a scope procedure done next week and they may nick something, and I may need my own blood.

My husband is a weenie about needles or else I would try and talk him into giving blood, but I think everyone should be giving blood this holiday season.... I think this will be my new tradition around the holidays :)

No comments: