Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Stephen King Moment


Have you ever had a Stephen King moment where you just feel eerie? This week is Spring Break here at the University and there are only a hand full of people working, mostly staff who hasn't decided to take vacation this week. There are no faculty and no students whatsoever. I had to walk across campus earlier to do something and I swear there was not anyone out. To top it off the clock tower was making some weird winding up sound that made it even more eerie. I could only hear it on a certain side of the clock tower but still all around that side of the campus. Once I walk to the west of the tower the noise was gone, even as I was standing right next to it. With the campus being quiet as can be on one side and a weirdly noise on the other, along with the lack of people around, I seriously started having that Stephen King moment. Specifically from the movie
The Langoliers

Here's a little blurb about the movie. If you've ever seen it, you know what I'm talking about. It seemed as if noone was around or even ever existed because time has stood still.

When a plane passes through a mysterious time warp, all but a few onboard vanish. The survivors manage to land, and discover that time seems to stand still--and the mysterious Langoliers are in hot pursuit. The Langoliers' job is to erase moments in time that have already passed into history. The survivors still exist because they were asleep when the plane passed through the warp, and they determine that if they can all be asleep once again when the plane returns, they will survive. However, one passenger must remain awake--and doomed to die--to pilot the plane on its return through the warp...

Who know's maybe it's just my hormones and my pregnant mind that is causing me to think irrational. I'm usually a pretty sane person in real life (I always feel like I'm living in a fantasy world now especially since I have vivid dreams and feel like they are reality). If I told you all of the dreams I have been having you would think I was crazy and deranged. I wake up feeling like I'm going to cry and sometimes have even woke my husband up because I was having a nightmare and started screaming. I usually don't remember what I dream but for some reason these vivid dreams are stuck in my mind. Maybe I need to lay off watching scary movies or even CSI for awhile. I feel like it really is reality sometimes. Has anyone else had these weird dreams or even these Stephen King moments?

No comments: