Friday, July 24, 2009

My Pregnancy and Life Update

I am currently 27 weeks pregnant with a little boy and have a lot on my plate. I have gained 20 lbs. already although it's all in my belly. They convince me there is only one baby in there though (:

this is a self portrait I did a little over a month ago so I was about 22 weeks. Huge huh?

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but things have been crazy. I've worked an 8 to 5 job up until about a month ago when I decided it was best for me to stay home with my now 5 year old daughter. Plus my pregnancy was starting to get exhausting especially when I have problems sleeping at night because of congestion and drainage.

anyways, at my 20 week ultrasound they noticed that the baby had only 2 vessels instead of the normal 3 they are supposed to have. there is a slightly higher risk of cord accident of course... it's important for me to do kick counts especially when I feel like he's not moving around like usual, but luckily he does karate in my uterus constantly. there is also a risk that something may be wrong with the baby, such as renal problem or even heart but only about 25% of 2 vessel cord babies have any abnormalities. I'm a little worried but I can't really worry too much. The pediatrician will do a renal ultrasound after the baby is born and also look at the heart.

Also Wednesday when I did my glucose screen it came back a little high so I I have to carb load for the next 3 days and go back fasting on Monday and do a glucose tolerance test. You know this is all I need, to have Gestational Diabetes on top of everything else and the higher risk of delevoping Pre-E and HELLP again.

So far my BP is good but we'll still keep a close eye on it.

No comments: