Thursday, August 20, 2009

My first finished Quilt!


So I have recently took on a project to make a baby quilt for my little man who will be here in about 2 months. It only took me less than 2 days to do (although I still have to sew the trim around) but here is a pic of what it looks like. I am so happy with the way it turned out and how it pretty much looks like what I had envisioned in my mind. Keep in mind that although I own a sewing machine I'm am still a newby to it. I probably only take it out and turn it on once every couple of years. In fact the last time I used it before this week was to try and make my daughter a quilt before she was born and she's 5 now. Needless to say her quilt never got finished because I ran out of a certain important fabric so I still have it in a bag in case I find any tan demin fabric not being worn so I can finish it one day. We did however buy her some new fabric to make her a new quilt and when I finish all the projects I have in mind I plan to start it (and finish it hopefully too) :)


I have been finding lots of instructions on how to sew your own baby sling and nursing covers which I absolutely want since I will be breastfeeding. It is a necessity that I get a "Hooter Hider" or at least attempt to make my own. I also have a few baby showers coming up and I usually make a tutu for the newborn girls or for girls birthdays to save money plus I love to get personal gifts like that and I'm sure everyone else does too.... (at least I hope they do) but my nephew is having a boy and I'm sure a tutu isn't the right gift for him so I am going to buy some plain onsies and sew a little tie to the front. I have seen them and they are so adorable. I actually found a tutorial which seems pretty easy so we'll see how it turns out. I've also always wanted a trendy decorated wipey case but could never afford it so I thought I would give that ago also since I have tons of fabric left. One for me and one for my nephews little one who will be born a month after my baby Aries.

1 comment:

BALLET NEWS said...

Hi, I just had to stop by to leave you a comment to say what a wonderful blog you have here. Interesting and creative posts, along with great pictures - perfect ! Thank you for sharing them and best wishes.. have a great weekend..